Advice needed XP & Nero

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Cupid_Stunt, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Cupid_Stunt

Cupid_Stunt OSNN Addict

A friend has bought a writer and is running xp pro,

The drive shows up ok In XP but nothing coming up in choose recorder in Nero.

So I uninstalled the drive and let xp find it again and that didnt solve any problems, so has any1 got any clues as to whats causing it.

Cant remeber model of burner but it's brand new, and I think nero version is about 5.5.1.8

many thanks.
    regards.........Cupid

2. dayneh88

dayneh88 Guest

go to nero.com and download the latest build Nero 5.5.9.0

thats should fix it

3. Cupid_Stunt

Cupid_Stunt OSNN Addict

I will do that and post results tomorrow night,

Thanks for prompt reply

regards.........Cupid

4. dadx2mj

dadx2mj Guest

When I bought my LiteOn burner it came with a copy of Nero. The only catch is the copy will only work with the LiteOn burner it refuses to detect any other burner. Maybe your buddy has a brand specific version like I do

5. deesnuts

deesnuts Guest

When I bought my LiteOn burner it came with a copy of Nero. The only catch is the copy will only work with the LiteOn burner it refuses to detect any other burner. Maybe your buddy has a brand specific version like I do

that version won't even install if it cannot find the drive it came with

6. need a minimum of 5.5.7.2 to work on Xp.........

7. robin.munro

robin.munro Guest

My DVDR/RW used to be only recognised by Xp as a CD-Rom drive so when nero searched for recording devices it ignored it.

I went into control panel->system->hardware->Device Manager and uninstalled all my CD-ROM drives. Then I got it to check for new hardware and it recognised them all correctly and when I went to use NERO, it recognised it.

:)

8. dozer10

dozer10 Guest

Version 5.5.4.9 works fine on my XP home.....Shaun