[Advice] Looking at Hyundai L90D+ 19" LCD

muzikool

Act your wage.
Political Access
I've been looking at LCDs for close to 2 years, and they have finally dropped down to prices that I can start to get excited about. I've looked at Samsung and Sony monitors mostly, but Sony's prices are still (always) high and I've not been impressed by the specs of the Samsungs in my price range. Last year I was looking at 17" LCDs for around $350, and now I'm looking at a 19" for the same.

Newegg listing: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824179014

Screen Size 19"
Display Type SXGA
Maximum Resolution 1280x1024
Viewing Angle 150°(H) / 135°(V)
Pixel Pitch 0.294mm
Display Colours 16.7 Million
Brightness 300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio 700:1
Response Time 8ms
Horizontal Fresh Rate 31kHz ~ 80 kHz
Vertical Fresh Rate 56 ~ 75 Hz
Input Video Compatibility R.G.B Analog, Digital Signal

I was impressed by the contrast ratio and response time for the price ($349.99), plus it's silver so it will match my G5. :D DVI is also a necessary feature, which this monitor has. The only thing from the specs that catches my eye is the 1280x1024 max resolution. I have a 19" CRT now, and I use that resolution, but I'm wondering if I'd like the ability to go higher?

Again, the price is excellent, so I was afraid it would be too good to be true. It did get an average of 5 eggs (out of 5) from 209 reviews on Newegg, but I also checked out Tom's Hardware for a review, and it had great things to say. The 8ms response time was proven to be a bit exaggerated, but what else is new? :p I'm not a gamer anyway so 8ms is not that necessary.

I just wanted to get some general feedback on this since it's the first one I'm seriously looking at purchasing. :)

24-179-014-11.jpg

the specs seem to be good. never tryed that type of LCD so not sure on quality from them but it seems to be good. and some good reviews also.

check out the warranty on the monitor and make sure that it will cover the back light for the full time. a lot dont do that and that is the most common part to fail

canadian_divx said:
check out the warranty on the monitor and make sure that it will cover the back light for the full time. a lot dont do that and that is the most common part to fail

Interesting. It's got a 3-year warranty but I have no idea if that is covered. I'll look into it. :)

WARRANTY EXCLUSIONS:
This limited warranty does not cover the repair of cracked, scratched, broken or modified plastics; other cosmetic damage; or parts that have been altered defaced or removed; or scratching, cracking or breakage of the CRT & LCD. This limited warranty does not apply to failures caused by alteration or repair not performed by HIQA or authorized agents, accidents, misuse, abuse, negligence, commercial use, improper shipping, or acts of God. This limited warranty does not cover repair of monitor display quality degradation resulting from normal usage. HIQA shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages resulting from the use of this product. This limited warranty gives you specific rights, and you may have other rights that may vary from state to state.

It doesn't specifically mention the back light, and the only thing it might be able to fall under is "quality degradation resulting from normal usage."

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back