Advanced XP Pro Books?

N

nytrinzix

Are there any (available) books for advanced configuration of XP?

For example: (excerpt from a single chapter of an XP book)

Part IV: Advanced Techniques and Troubleshooting
Chapter 24: HTML and VBScript
Chapter 25: DHTML and VBScript
Chapter 26: VBScript and Windows XP Professional
Chapter 27: The Windows Scripting Host
Chapter 28: Installing and Supporting New Hardware
Chapter 29: Fixing Windows XP Professional When It Breaks
Chapter 30: Understanding and Using the Registry
Chapter 31: Administrative and Diagnostic Tools
Chapter 32: Additional Customization Options
Chapter 33: Advanced Troubleshooting Methodology

I'd like a book that goes in depth on just these areas. Thanks.

Well, generally your Chapters 24-26 have nothing to do with a specific OS...you can find TONS of HTML/VBS/DHTML references online...for VBS related to XP, start with the MS knowledgebase and go from there. Same thing for the Windows Scripting Host. I'm not sure though if WSH is even supported in XP. Haven't tried to use it yet...The other stuff you may have to wait until XP has major problems to report on...otherwise, any 2k and/or 9x troubleshooting book that covers these topics should suffice.
/Lactic

XP should support WSH since this excerpt is from from a "Mastering Windows XP" book. Then again I havn't bought it yet :)

Yea I probably should wait till at least the 2nd quarter of this year for more books to be released as not many people have as yet delved deep into XP.

Heres a couple of books :

They are free but they are very good

Links for download are in the attachment below :)

NOTE : the .pdf can be downloaded , just enter the URL into your download manager - 11MB

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back