Advanced proxy server?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by lieb39, Jan 15, 2003.

1. lieb39

lieb39 Apple lover, PC User

Question, currently I am running AnalogX's proxy server. works fine, but I want a proxy server with more controls. For instance, logging, and setting the custom port number. Also being mandotory for users to login would be very nice but i guess i could go with limiting access to the proxy by limiting the IP range. Free is better, but hey, if I have to pay, than let it be. Any programs out there that can do that?

2. the_tazinator

the_tazinator Are we there yet?

I have a two-way satellite ISP and in order for me to run multiple machines I have to have a proxy machine (need to have a machine to run software for satellite modem) and I have tried about every home and small business proxy server available and the best that I have come up with is WinProxy or Wingate. Unfortunately Wingate does not work well with my satellite modem software so I am forced to use Winproxy. Both do NAT, port forwarding, antivirus, site filtering, ip permissions, logging and more.

3. lieb39

lieb39 Apple lover, PC User

I will try winproxy. i tried wingate before (on my phoneline network, don't laugh) and it was ok, but the part of having to load the client software was a pain. you don't have to do that with winproxy, do you?:eek:

4. the_tazinator

the_tazinator Are we there yet?

No client software needed for Winproxy.

5. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

I used to have Wingate but I never installed any client software...
    OK, I did at first, but that never worked. :)