adsl what is best ???????

14sr

i am looking into getting adsl i am looking for everyones thought on this what is the best package/modem/isp etc . i am looking at the tiscali package at the moment but i have heard some are having problems with online gaming . i am going to be using it alot for online games and downloading . is it tru that bt limit what you download ???????

thanks for any thought's on this topic stuart .

Lucky dip as far as ADSL goe's, every ISP has it's own problems,
strangely even BT who own all the gear !

The Tiscali package is bit of a weird one, its based on the BT IPStream 500 but download speed quoted as 5 times faster not ten times faster than Dialup !

Go for what you can afford, prices and packages vary wildly.

Unless your downloading 24/7 you should be ok.

well i wouldent put it past bt to limit the ammount you can download , if you would like more info on what isp to take for your adsl connection then goto www.adslguide.org but dotn go with pipex as they sux, i use them and they are allways having problems.

BT do have a limit on how much you download, Tiscalli suck and are very slow and have connection problems, Pipex are quite good I heard, but the one i am with for 512/256 adsl is Plusnet, they are excellent, fast (60kbps average for me!) and i never have any problems connecting. www.plus.net (not sure if they are available to scotland though) :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back