ADSL Modem not connecting to Router

Update

I have progressed my issue through SMC and they have basically told me to get lost.

OK. I can get online with a small hassle and if I go idle for a time and come back I can always reboot, but SMC support sucks.
Gonna buy Netgear next time. Bye Bye SMC.

One thought on this before I down system for some major work and take myself offline....

Have you decided to go with PPTP? That is usually associated with VPN, as you probably know, and there are issues with SP2 and VPN (for me and my company it is unworkable at present) - if you really do have the time to do it you may want to try without SP2 in place, if company allows it?

(you'll probably tell me it's SP1a now!)

I haven't tried PPTP as it's not a VPN connection I'm going for, just trying to share the broadband connection from the DLink modem.

I'm trying to work it through with the company I got the Nokia IP40 from and theit being extremely helpful. They think it's something to do with the DLink either not working transparently or not doing supporting dhcp relaying. Either way they're putting a lot of effort in and not just giving me the usual response of "It's not a problem with the IP40, go speak to the manufacturer of your modem", so I'm quite happy with them. The company is Nebulas Security :), thought it was worth a plug as they've been so helpful.

i have exactly the same problem....
not with the same hardware

PHP:
									Internet
										 |
										 |
									 Splitter
										 |
										 |
										 |
										 |
							SpeedStream 5660 modem 
										 |
										 |
										 |
										 |
					212.143.143.12 (Real IP from ISP - sample)
										 |
					Fortigate-60  Router / Server + RRAS + NAT + VPN Ipsec
										 |
										 |
										 |
										 |
										 |
	PC1-------------------Switching Hub-------------------PC4
192.168.0.101				/			 \				 192.168.0.104 
								 /				 \
								/					 \
								|					 |
								|					 |
								|					 |
								|					 |
							 PC2					PC3
				 192.168.0.102		192.168.0.103
modem ADSL : Dlink DSL-300T
or
modem ADSL : SpeedStream 5660

Firewall and VPN : FORTIGATE-60
or
Firewall and VPN : CISCO PIX 501

Thanks.. if you have an idea..

i think if i do create a DHCP Spoofing

DHCP Spoofing

DHCP Spoofing Technique used by some ADSL routers to relay the network side IP address to a local machine. This provides "bridge" like functionality through a router, and ensures that a real IP address is assigned to the local machine. A good exapmple of DHCP spoofing in action is the connection of an existing Firewall device to an ADSL router using an Ethernet connection.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back