ADSL issue

D

dstonek

I have a small network with PCs (XP, W98-2, Millenium) and Mac (OS9).
I have a new ADSL Internet connection (dynamic IP)
The XP machine is the internet administrator.
First thing I´ve done:
I checked the boxes to share Internet with the other computers (they have static IP: 192.168...) and to enable the personal firewall.
All is working fine but the clients could not download email from a certain server (using Eudora, Outlook, Incredimail) as the XP server does.
The Pop server shows the number of messages and they begin to download but only a bite.
The same thing is happening browsing a few websites, it is impossible to access to them. (weather.com)
I don´t know if it is a coincidence but those site "refuse" the ping command.

I was making some tests. I changed the internet server for a computer with W98-2 and all those problems have gone.

I need the machine with XP to be the internet server.

I was making another tests:
I disabled XP internet sharing and security and I´ve tried with Winproxy, Winroute and Wingate (third-party software), ZoneAlarm (as a firewall)(enabling and disabling it) but always the same problem with those servers.
Any ideas are welcome. Thanks

You ave to edit / select the ports that are open in the properties of the internet connection on the ADSL server.

there are a list of ports already created just tick the ones u need and u can also create some more.

remember the compter with which u are shereing the ADSL is essentialy a PROXY server so will have some limits to incomeing transfers.

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by mafia-man
You ave to edit / select the ports that are open in the properties of the internet connection on the ADSL server.

there are a list of ports already created just tick the ones u need and u can also create some more.
You are confusing this with another problem.
remember the compter with which u are shereing the ADSL is essentialy a PROXY server so will have some limits to incomeing transfers.
What? No, it's not. Besides if he's hitting the capacity limit of the server it would just go slower.

Thanks for answering!
I´ve tried cablenut but without any changes.

What did you set the MTU to? Have you tried several values?

MTU=Maximum transmition unit.
I cannot found this item matching these words.
I´m attaching a snapshot of my screen (mtu.jpg)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back