ADSL Broadband Information Please

i use the 1mb wanadoo service for £27.99 :D

i think that they will never enforce the limits to be honest. the caps will be the next big selling point once they cant make it any faster ;) they will drop the caps they never enforced :p

You have caps on Dl'ing? Even with a high speed connection?

:shocked:

I just signed up for PlusNet's 2mbit no cap DSL.

Its going to be slow compared to the office pipe :D (though the way we have the office AT wired up we're limited to 48mbits/sec)

LordOfLA said:
I just signed up for PlusNet's 2mbit no cap DSL.

Its going to be slow compared to the office pipe :D (though the way we have the office AT wired up we're limited to 48mbits/sec)

i suggest you take a look at plusnets forums,or adsl guide
plusnet are now enforcing that any user who goes over an unstated amount (10gb a month ish, but they wont give an amount!!) will get moved to a heavily contended pipe, along with all the other heavy downloaders, so if your a 2mbit medium to heavy
A. premier customer paying £39.99 a month (50.1 contention)
B. Homeworker Customer paying £65.99 a month (20:1 contention)

A - will see average speeds of 5k sec
B - will see average of 12k sec

i am a so called heavy user, averaging 200-370gb a month, and on the 2nd homeworker package.. on the 29th, plusnet will move me to this pipe along with all the other heavy users, so we will get crap speeds 24/7 :mad:

i suggest you read through the hundreds and hundreds of posts at either adslguide/plusnets forums or Plusnets Newsgroups...

plusnet are trying to avoid being known as an isp that is capped... but in reality if they feel u have downloaded too much (10gb +) then you will get shifted onto a hevily contended pipe sharing with all the other heavy users
and they say its within their rights to do this, as its stil the service you sign up for e.g 50:1 or 20:1

pretty sick eh? why dont they just spread the heavier users across the network? bundling them altogther is just a way to make a 2mb connection get a constant 5k-12k a second.. hoping the user will leave, and causing least fuss as possible

you are capped, after speaking with tech support and customer services, they expect 10gb a month... like any average user (99.7% of plusnets 88 thousand customers)

unfortunatley i fall into the 0.3% approx 300 users who like to use my service :eek:

so dont go bragging that plusnet is uncapped.. its FAR FAR from it, i will let you know how it goes when i get moved to this heavy contended pipe on the 29th of this month..
if it truly is crap, then i am canceling my direct debit, and they will not get the last months payments..

its interesting you say the service is uncapped, thats what everyone who signs up thought, but now they have totaly changed the rules, even though i am only 5months into a 12 month contract :confused:

ah well:) heavy user? STAY CLEAR OF PLUSNET!!

by the way you have the option of moving away if you have just signed up, they will pay your migration.. if your planning serious gb's a month you wont get away with it with them :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back