Adobe Reader Speed up

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Kush, Dec 6, 2004.

1. Kush

Kush High On Life!

Ever haited waiting for adobe reader to load up fear no more, i found this on betanews.com its tiny, worth a try

Click Here

DFX likes this.
  2. Kush

Kush High On Life!

yup made a huge difference on my laptop i put it on the turbo setting. wow from like at least 30 seconds to like 7 or somthing like that

3. i had a thing called PDF Speedup for the past few months i dont know if it's the same... i dont use adobe a lot anyway

4. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

yeah adobe 6.0 takes a buttload of time to load pdfs. i'll try this program

5. jcheng

jcheng OSNN One Post Wonder

does this program tell you what plugins its disabling to speed it up?

6. Mr. K

Mr. K OSNN Occasional

Yes, AR Speed-Up includes a text file that describes each plugin. You get to decide which plugins are kept and which are disabled; the disabled ones are moved to a separate directory and can be restored either by AR Speed-Up or yourself at any time. The program also includes a couple of tweaks, including disabling the Adobe splash screen and unregistering the wisptis.exe background service. It truly is a handy little app.

7. Tweakfiend

Tweakfiend OSNN Senior Addict

To save looking, leave "EWH32" "printme" and "search" in plugins folder and move others to a newly opened folder called "plugins disabled"
    Acrobat then opens in a third of the time or so.

8. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

I think this proggy has been posted in the news/software news section numerous times in the past. Surprised the Mods/Admin haven't put a section to archive these useful links.