Adobe Acrobat

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by daleholden, Dec 11, 2001.

1. daleholden

daleholden Guest

Please help i have tried to down load the latest Adobe Acrobat 5.0.5. Everything is fine on installation but when i come to run it i get the following error message.

AppName: acrord32.exe AppVer: 5.0.5.452 ModName: unknown
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 20202020

Anybody assist me in installing this software????

Cheers Dale Holden

2. zman

zman Guest

Are you doenloading the right one ?

go to adobe and check what one you need

theres a free one = reader

and also an update for the full Adobe acrobat which you pay for

3. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

I think you'll find it's one of the plug-ins, the Acrofill.api plug did the same thing to me, but you might try disabling them one by one until you get the right one ????? maybe

4. daleholden

daleholden Guest

Still no joy!!!!

I tried removing the plugins but when Acrobat Reader opens up just says missing plugins?

I have tried downloading the free acrobat reader several times,
    Please help me it always installs fine.

But when i come to lauch the programme it only half loads then the error below comes up.

AppName: acrord32.exe AppVer: 5.0.5.452 ModName: unknown
    ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 20202020

5. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

Judging by the error message you are getting, Acrobat is either having problems trying to access an external module, or there maybe a conflict with an LSR. What processes have you running in the background, for example do you have any anti-virus or other resident programmes (especially ANYTHING of Nortons) ?, If not it may be a good idea to do a total uninstall of Acrobat, then from your run command do a "SFC" (system file check). Other than that I really don't have a clue !!!!!