AdMuncher & Instant Messengers?

sidefx

OSNN Addict
Can someone that uses AdMuncher or AdMuncher & Yahoo! Messenger together tell me how to block Chat Ads?

Also, can the same be done with MSN Messenger if it's possible?

to block msn messenger add "msmsgr" to filtered applications"

the rest I dont know - use the built in chat client and see if shannow is around to help you out with that

removing adds from msn messenger

u can remove the bottom adds at the bottom of msn messenger by downloading Hex Editor XVI32 and follow this instruction
When you have the HEX editor running, follow these steps:

- Make sure you are not running messenger. Right-click its icon in the system tray, and from the menu select Exit
Now you'll need to locate the messenger executable msnmsgr.exe, it will normally be in \Program Files\MSN Messenger\
Make a backup of the file. Right-click msnmsgr.exe and from the menu choose Copy. Now right-click on an empty area in the same folder, and select Paste from the menu. The backup will be named Copy of msnmsgr.exe. If you ever want to get back to the original file, simply delete msnmsgr.exe, and then rename Copy of msnmsgr.exe to msnmsgr.exe
1.From the menu in XVI32, choose File > Open, locate msnmsgr.exe, and open it

2.From the menu, select Address > Goto, select hexadecimal, and enter E5E61, press OK

3.The value selected will be 74, simply type EB to replace it (so 74 becomes EB)

4.When done select File > Save from the menu, and exit XVI32
Reopen Messenger 6.2, now without the ads!

I did this (followed this instructions provided in a website) and now the pop ups r gone :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back