Administrator ---> How do you LOG ON?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Cannibal Corpse, Jul 1, 2002.

1. Hi All,

I have created a new "limited" account on my PC (for a friend who's staying with me for a while) and I need to change some of her settings, but Windows states that I need to log on as an administrator.

How can I log on to HER account as an Administrator?

Thanks in advance.

2. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

ok, as the administrator, you can access all accounts, but I notice in your avatar you are using xp home...you must be in safe mode to access the administrator in xp home...the administrator is a diiferant account then "an administrator"

3. No it is XP Pro, I don't know why my Avatar says HOME...

4. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Running XP Pro you can download TweakUI and make it so you can access the Admin account from the logon screen.

As for the title under your avatar, you can change that by going to CP User (top of the page) then edit profile...Custom Title.

5. EMPIRETANK

EMPIRETANK Guest

go to start... log on as a different user...and then type in administrator as the name.. and the admin pw which was created during installation.. and u should be able to log in or when u start up ur computer hit ctrl alt delete and u should be able to log in that way also

6. Change whos username to Administrator? I did it and it won't allow me to log on even to my own account...

7. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

At The Welcome Screen, Hold CTRL+ALT and hit DEL twice. As the username enter "Administrator" and the password is the one you set during installation. That will give you full admin access to everything

JJB6486

8. I know I have access to everything now, but how can I have access to HER account?

Surely I have to LOG ON as HER to be able to go to HER Control Panel and change HER Internet Connectivity...

Please correct me if I am wrong...

9. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

You can access all accounts by going to C:/Documents and Settings.

10. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

Yes, the only way to log on as her is to click her username and enter the password. If you dont know the password, use the procedure to gain "Administrator" and change it

JJB6486

11. napalmnthemorning

napalmnthemorning Moderator