Administrator and Limited Accounts???

T

thektulu

My question is fairly simple. What are all the differences between the two account types. Is it just that administrators can change passwords and accounts and things like that or is there more? Also, what I mainly want to know is if there is a way to keep Limited User Account users from getting into the Hard Drive and folders and things like that? Thanks.

Brian

So how do you keep people out of your hard drive and crap?

Just so that you know... it's just this one computer. It's not a network. I have 4 accounts on here. Mine is the administrator. I want to make it where my account is the only one that change access the hard drive. I tried going into sharing and the "Make This Folder Private" was disabled.

This part of that article still applies:
Go into Folder Options and uncheck "Use Simple File Sharing".
That will allow you to do your thang no problemo :D . Let me know how you get on. (oh, didn't mean to sound curt in my posts. just reread them and they look that way - not intentional)

I'm getting f*cking aggrivated. :) It's hard as hell explaining things on here. If you get time IM me on AIM and help! l337CSKrew is my screen name.

once software is correctly deigned for XP the account functions will work a lot better

at the moment its a bit of a mess with older programs and permissions :(

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back