Administrative Tools Unavailable....

0pensource

OSNN Junior Addict
Attempted to open ANY of the services listed under Administrative and cannot. Here is a sample return window:

"MMS cannot open the file C:WINDOWS\system32\compmgmt.msc

This may be because the file does not exist, is not an MMC console, or was created by a later version of MMC. This may also be because you do not have sufficient rights to the file."

The files do indeed exist. I have not changed my login process whatsoever.

ANy help would be greatly appreciated in advance,

-Miles

can you run them?

0pensource said:
Attempted to open ANY of the services listed under Administrative and cannot. Here is a sample return window:

I believe all of them are available via the run dialog - or does that return the same problem? something along lines of rundll32 setupwbv.dll in the run box if I remember rightly - I'm sure someone else will remember rightly, the other possibility is that your rights have somehow been dnied on those utils or the files I guess.... we probably need to try the run thing first

Thanks for the reply but the program that I am referencing is *.msc. I did a search on "compmgmt.*" and only got the .msc program from within the windows folder. The module "rundll32" appears to only work with .dll file extensions.

-Miles

Found the solution elsewhere:

This MMC problem is caused by an old version of MSXML that was installed another application you installed on the server.

Solution

You must re-register MSXML version 3.0. You can find the MSXML3.DLL in the \System32 folder.
run regsvr32 /u msxml3.dll first the run regsvr32 msxml3.dll.

-Miles

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back