Administrative Password HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ccblue9563, Jul 24, 2005.

1. ccblue9563

ccblue9563 OSNN One Post Wonder

Is there anyway to just bypass or erase an administrative password or just get rid of the whole network part of the computer system. I am using an old work computer from a company I don't know and am just trying to install software and hardware and it won't let me. It's frustrating.

2. ejn74

ejn74 Folding Master! Political User Folding Team

I think you would have less problems if you just reformated the harddrive and reloaded the operating system. Then you would be able to start fresh and have fewer problems with the computer. That is what I would do.

3. ccblue9563

ccblue9563 OSNN One Post Wonder

how do i get it reformatted? do i have to have a copy of windows xp on disc to reload? i am so clueless.

4. rushm001

rushm001 In the beginning...... Political User

Yea. You should then be able to do a clean install by booting from the cd.

5. ejn74

ejn74 Folding Master! Political User Folding Team

You would need to get copy of what ever operating system you want to install.

6. sean.ferguson

sean.ferguson Moderator Folding Team

Simply, the "Offline NT Password & Registry Editor" boot floppy should work. [link] :)

other option of course would be to re-install the operating environment which you will need a retail copy of Windows to do, or a system restore disc if you have one.

7. LoctOut

LoctOut OSNN Addict

grab a copy of winternal's administrators pak. http://www.winternals.com/Products/AdministratorsPak/

install. Run the ERD Commander 2005 boot cd wizard part of the proggy. This creates a iso image which you burn to a CD. Boot from this CD and you can change any password without harm to any files. Works great