Admin tool event viewer

Maveric169

The Voices Talk to Me
With the recent/current death of my mobo I was wondering if there was a way to get more use out of the event viewer. (see screenshot) The event viewer is one of the first things I check when my computer starts having a problem, but it is kind of a pain to go and check on a regular basis and 99% of the info in it I don't really need to know. But errors and warnings are good thing to keep on top of.

Is there a way that you can set the event viewer to display a pop-up when something citical happens afer a certain number of identical events. Like in the screenshot, you can see that my mobo IDE controler was failing left, right, and sideways, well after that event happens say 3 or more times in a 24hr period I would really like to know.

Any way I can set that up simply?

Attachments

• errorwillrobinsonerror.jpg
    errorwillrobinsonerror.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 67
I'd suggest doing a Google search for "event log monitoring xp" (without the quotes).
I came across several search results, but most of them seem to be enterprise management tools that cost a fortune. You might have some luck finding something cheap/free though.

GL with this and post back what you find!

I have BSOD symdrome on my NEO2 / AMD64 so it could be a handy thing for me to know.... reps to you if you find something!

There's an app called "Eventsentry lite" it's freeware. I haven't used it but had some friends tell me about it back in the summer (they liked it) so this may be what you want.

From Here

we use winternals admin pack v5.0 at work, has a very nice crash reporter, that makes sense out of crashdumps.log
very handy tool.. but very expensive too..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back