Admin tool event viewer

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Maveric169, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Maveric169

Maveric169 The Voices Talk to Me

With the recent/current death of my mobo I was wondering if there was a way to get more use out of the event viewer. (see screenshot) The event viewer is one of the first things I check when my computer starts having a problem, but it is kind of a pain to go and check on a regular basis and 99% of the info in it I don't really need to know. But errors and warnings are good thing to keep on top of.

Is there a way that you can set the event viewer to display a pop-up when something citical happens afer a certain number of identical events. Like in the screenshot, you can see that my mobo IDE controler was failing left, right, and sideways, well after that event happens say 3 or more times in a 24hr period I would really like to know.

Any way I can set that up simply?

Attached Files:

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I'd suggest doing a Google search for "event log monitoring xp" (without the quotes).
    I came across several search results, but most of them seem to be enterprise management tools that cost a fortune. You might have some luck finding something cheap/free though.

3. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

GL with this and post back what you find!

I have BSOD symdrome on my NEO2 / AMD64 so it could be a handy thing for me to know.... reps to you if you find something!

4. bush dogg

bush dogg OSNN Senior Addict Political User

There's an app called "Eventsentry lite" it's freeware. I haven't used it but had some friends tell me about it back in the summer (they liked it) so this may be what you want.

From Here

5. _kC_

_kC_ Moderator

we use winternals admin pack v5.0 at work, has a very nice crash reporter, that makes sense out of crashdumps.log
    very handy tool.. but very expensive too..