Admin password! Plz help!

S

Spider

Hey guys!
I got a custom made machine, which was loaded with Win XP Pro. Since they installed it, i dont know the admin password. I can however log in to admin account, since te pass is saved. But recently, i had to repair XP, and since it asks for an admin pass, i cant get any further! Plz help! how do i get the admin password?

Run computer management (compmgmt.msc)
Navigate to:

- System Tools
- Local Users and Groups
- Users

Right click administrator
Click 'Set password'

Done.

Thanx a ton dude! That did solve the problem, now lemme try repairing XP! :)

guess i was too hasty in posting! it didn't work, when i boot from the xp cd, and go to repair, it still doesn't accept the admin pass. got one more account, which has admin priviliges, that pass didn't work too. back to square 1!! :(

By default the admin password is created blank. You simply have to press Enter when asked for it. You probably tried that, but just in case...

yup, i tried that too! i'm stumped! trying to find some software that helps me recover my admin pass. but in vain!

Can't you just ask the company that you got the machine from? They proberly have a standard one that they always use.

Try digging around here:

run control userpasswords2

If All else fails download "PassWare".
it has a Administrator password reset for Windows.
As well as a lot of other handy things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back