adding right click options

J

jpoid1982

I got a registry entry for my windows ME machine that adds "View in Notepad" right under Open in the right click menu.
So if I have an NFO file, or a .bat file, I can just click View in Notepad and edit it from there.

I can't seem to get it to work in XP.

Is this even possible?

If anyone has suggestions, please let me know and I will see if I can get them to work.

TIA,
joe

Right click on a file then goto 'Open with'

Select the program you want to use from the list then make sure the 'always open with' box is not selected. Click OK

Now everytime you come across that file type again the open with (progam)' will be there!

xteq > appearance > files & folders > ANY file > Any File User Defined Context Menu > notepad > notepad.exe "%1"

or name of app > path of app "%1"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back