Add a Folder to the Start Menu

C

Clawfford

Hmm... I asked this once before and never got an answer either yes or no. Is this a stumper?

QUESTION: At the top of each XP-erience forum page is an "Add a weblink to your start menu" tweak. How can I add a FOLDER here instead of a weblink? (Preferably opening menu-style, not just opening a new window.)

I want a quick "Favorite Games" folder on the main menu. If not a registry hack, are there any utility programs to do this? MORE than one folder too, if possible?

:confused:

You can just drag the folder into the start menu but....it doesn't open up menu style. I have not found any tweaks that allow you to do this, I don't think you can.

I will look a little more later, Anyone else know something?

~Dan

Not Sure if this what you want. But here is what I do.
1. open windows explorer
2. Select C: drive
3. go into documents and setting folder
4. open all users folder
5. open start menu
6. open programs folder
7. Right click New folder
8. Name it whatever you want
9. Then drag folders you want into this new folder
10. close Explorer
11. click start then all programs your new folder should appear
and be menu style just like any other folder there

I forgot This works for every version of windows since 98 I didn't try it on win 95.

Also this is how I keep my programs menu from taking up an entire screen. Especially Useful for Office 2000, ie one entry in programs list instead of 5 or more.

Hope this helps

Pete

You could make your way here:-
ClickMe

And alter the relevant info to your folders path

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back