Adaware SE

lol I like this new version, it got rid of 450 pieces of spyware on a guy's computer I used it on, the old one only got like 300 on his computer usually (he has little brothers that are the dumbest computer users ever, using IE w/o a blocker, and with access to WinMX.. enough said)

Only found a tracking cookie and a file in AOL 8.

Total of 750 on two computers you used it on, I am amazed, you must of visited some sites beginning with P & W I guess.

It's worth it, it's slow and really for advanced users. Read everything it picks up as you might delete something that 'bust' and application you have.

ok...thanks. Prob will download it tomorrow or tonight

I found a new version at downloads.com on front page, majorgeeks even though say 1.02 it's giving you 1.01 still so be careful.

The skins look good as well, the gold one is great.

I dunno, i just want it to get rid of spy/adware, I could care less what it looks like...

Lee said:
It's worth it, it's slow and really for advanced users. Read everything it picks up as you might delete something that 'bust' and application you have.

Lee is right, on that note if you also use for instance spywareblaster from javacool or a host file blocker ad-aware will detect the redirected host 127.0.0 port as being "infected" make sure you read everything in the help files ;)

perris said:
received my pro license in electronic mail today

Ditto Perris,

Impressed with it so far, though I have to say, they had better find a more efficent way of doing the next upgrade.

The lessons from A-Aware 6 were not taken onboard and chaos reigned yet again.

The support staff are working their cotton socks, a big pat on the back to them all :) :)

yeah me got the professional one also now, me like too have adwatch running on the background always, oh and me like the gray skin :D

Ad-Aware SE Personal 1.03 another update

Another update people 1.03

goto majorgeeks for the download
majorgeeks link

I have tried Ad-aware pro for a few days now and I have to say I quite like the SE edition. No more problems with the "now you see it, now you don't" bug, it actually seems to run slightly faster on my system than before and it appears to be more thorough.

The one thing I would be interested in testing is deliberately infecting (after making a system restore point) my system with the coolweb adware to see how the new version deals with it. Or has someone else been crazy enough to try this already?

One thing I will say is that you will need to use the pro / plus download link you were sent by lavasoft to the pro / plus versions whenever ad-aware reports a new version (like 1.01 and 1.02 etc)

I also have to say it would be nice if they had kept the right click select all this type in the registry entries menu as well as displaying in another tab all the registry ad-aware detected as I went to that menu and found it had changed. No biggie though.

They have to add a function that not only allows .ref updates and program updates via the same method.

i might have to give this program a try...i keep holding off to download it but i hear good things so i guess i will download it. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back