Active x not working

S

steveklebs

Whenever I try to open a page which uses active x controls (including the microsoft update page) it tells me the following

The Windows Update software did not update successfully. Below are some suggestions to help you proceed:

• Your Internet Explorer security settings may be set too high. To install the updated software and access Windows Update, Internet Explorer security must be set to medium or lower, and active scripting and the download and initialization of ActiveX controls must be enabled.

however, I have put the security settings on the lowest, I have enabled ALL scripting and everything else possible, I have no firewall running...

Any help would be greatly apreciated!

have you recently disabled any services in your services menu? I know there are a few that need to be active or els winupdate will give you that error

I dont believe so.... can you tell me where the service menu is? I am getting this error when any page tries to access the Active X controls

now has this problem started recently? or did you just install xp and this is happening?

It has been since I installed XP (Professional)

Active X and Java dont seem to work here, PASIWORLD has gone down the swanny! :mad:

if this has been a prob since install I can't even guess what is wrong, you could try downloading the winupdates manually but that is just a workaround not a solve...might try a clean xp, sucks but fixes most things heheh

Try This (All i can think of):
Goto My Computer
Right Click on C:
Select properties
click on tools tab
select error checking
tell it to fix errors
then you will have to reboot to do error checking
make sure you have something to do for the next hour cuzz it is slow as ****.

This is all i know to do...

I just did the error checking, and I still have the same problem. Do you think I will be able to contact Microsoft for free? I do not feel like paying $40 for something which is thier fault!

-Steve

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back