active sinc causes bsod

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Perris Calderon, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

ya, I never get bsod's, but since I updated active sinc, when I go into hibernate without properly disconnecting my pocket pc I get a bsod when I come out of hibernate

nothing to do really but properly remove remove the usb, but I am pretty surprised a Microsoft piece of hardware and software is incompatible with hibernate

2. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

What is the specific error on the BSOD screen?

EDIT: Found this guide which may be useful - http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/activesync/tshoot-as4x.htm

Looks like Activesync requires an internet connection, so it could be possible your NIC is not waking correctly from hibernation. Try disabling the ability for the system to turn off power to your NIC

3. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

How is this going?

4. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Have you tried inactive synch?

:cool:

I keed, I keed !! :D

5. Son Goku

Son Goku No lover of dogma

I wonder if there could be a driver that doesn't cooperate well with hibernation mode... Seems a likely cause for some of these BSOD's, but hmm...

What makes it worse though, is depending on how quickly one's comp is set to go into hibernation, one could just go to the bathroom, come back, and then be like "uh oh" :eek: Not sure about you, but I probably wouldn't think of disconnecting a divice, when nature calls and I got to run :eek: