active desktop

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by Tinman, Jul 14, 2005.

1. Tinman

Tinman OSNN One Post Wonder

I have a question, I have just spent days on trying to fix a problem , but I was trying to fix the wrong problem.

Active destop script by Matt:
    <a onClick="exec('sol.vbs'); return false;" href="java script:void(0)">Launch Solitare</a>
    I am using Xara's webstyle4 to generate a navbar for me.I have a "url" field and a "target" field to work with.the only way I can get a little bit of result is if Itype in the url field "javascript:exec('sol.vbs') target="_self"But that doesn't work properly, and I don't know how to enter the rest of Matt's line into my URL field.I usually just use a window.open function and then tupejavascript:fullwin('music.htm') for webstyle's nav bar "url" field.Can anyone help me with this please?Thank you so much,Ryan

2. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

The URL field is probably equal to HREF=

Can you manually edit the file this webstyle4 creates? If so you can add the onClick statement in yourself.

Also, have you tested this inside IE. Usually a good way to debug any issues.

3. Tinman

Tinman OSNN One Post Wonder

I can manually edit the .js file, which I used to be able to do because earlier version, the JS was a lot more simple.
    This version is over my head.
    I also always try it in IE first before seeing if it works in active desktop.

If it's not an easy fix, I do not wish to take up any of your time,
    I only used the nav bar program because I thought it would save me the time of writing one, it turns out it's been my biggest headache.
    I have also tried to find the answer in Xara's help forum with no avail.

Here's a cpl lines from the .js file:
    if(typeof(loc)=="undefined"||loc==""){var loc="";if(document.body&&document.body.innerHTML){var tt=document.body.innerHTML;var ml=tt.match(/["']([^'"]*)menu_.js["']/i);if(ml && ml.length > 1) loc=ml[1];}}

mainMenuItem("menu__b4",".gif",26,93,"javascript:fullwin('music.htm')","_self","tunes",2,2,"menu__plain");

submenuItem("Summer tunes",loc+"file:///C:/Personal/My Playlists/Playlist1.wpl","","menu__plain");

these lines work.

I have spent this evening trying to figure out how to insert your href in there, with no luck I am afraid.

one last thought, is there a way to write this line in question, as a js function?
    then i could just have the navbar call the function in the URL field.?

Thanks for your interest.
    Ryan

Last edited: Jul 15, 2005