Active Desktop Newbie!!!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by shaunj66, Jan 13, 2003.

1. shaunj66

shaunj66 H.T.I.D!

Right, I'm trying to make a sweet active desktop.
    I have a few quesitons... maybe some of you nice people can help! :) I'm following madmatts tutorial <-- friggin' excellent! :D
    Questions...

How do I create a link to an actual dial up connection, for example when I click it, it brings up the dial up dialogue? It doesn't work with a normal shortcut because the shortcuts that windows makes to the connection isn't a direct path. It's a long string of text/numbers! :eek:

How do put the temperatures on the desktop? I guess you use samuarize... whatever. Things like that... is there anything else that takes up less system resources that will tell me the CPU temperature, oh and hdds space left/used?

How do I have a small 'notepad' type feature that has the button save to save it as a txt, can it bring up a save as dialogue?

That's all for now. ;) I'll probably be back! :happy:

Thanks to all of you in advance!

2. shaunj66

shaunj66 H.T.I.D!

I wanted to try and do some to this tonight! Any ideas? Sorry for bumping... :p

3. chris

chris Free to Fly

the tutorial has the notepad bit in it, not sure about the dial up shortcut as i have cable

4. shaunj66

shaunj66 H.T.I.D!

:( any other ideas anyone? i really need to know how to do the Dial up connection link.
    And is there anyway I can implement a feature to tell me the speed i am connected at and the time i have been connected? :(

5. theone1

theone1 Guest

the dial-up connection-madmatt is still working on that

as for cpu temp,hdd space, connection stats etc, its all done using coolmon- u can find information on how to do it on the coolmon site and forums