Acronis TrueImage - cannot restore

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ming, Jun 7, 2006.

1. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Hope someone can help me here.

I've been unable to restore my system using Acronis TrueImage since I've added an additional HD to my PC.
    Everytime I come to using the boot media for TrueImage it comes up with an error message saying something about "no physical drives found". I;ve not seen this message before and can't get around it at all. Every option I pick gives me the same error message.
    I've not changed any BIOS settings in any way that would affect the detection of the attached drives.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. bush dogg

bush dogg OSNN Senior Addict Political User

With Ghost I have to hit F6 to load the drivers if I’m restoring a drive connected to an IDE card or SATA. I’ve not used Acronis TrueImage but maybe it’s the same way.

In Ghost the load driver screen only gives a person 3 or 4 seconds to hit the key and it moves on with the symptoms you have (not finding the drives).

3. Maroon

Maroon OSNN Junior Addict

Hello Ming,
    Did you try to restore your backup image throgh windows, don't use the boot media.
    You can also ask for help support@acronis.com, they give really valued advices.

4. kcnychief

kcnychief █▄█ ▀█▄ █ Political User Folding Team

What version of Acronis are you using ming?

5. ThePatriot

ThePatriot -=[BOHICA!]=- Political User

Possibly the drive you recently installed affected detection on it's own. If it was installed with jumpers set to master on the same ribbon as a drive set to master or cable select (or vice-versa) you may have detection issues.

6. belveder

belveder OSNN Senior Addict

Did you try formatting the new drive first?

7. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

The boot media was created from Version 8 I think. It's worked before, but not anymore.

Maroon, I can't restore via Windows coz it always reboots the system and loads the Acronis boot manager, which in effect is the same thing as the boot media. :)

EDIT: I've got 3 SATA drives in the system and it can't even detect a single unit.