Acronis True image 9 question

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by mooo, Jan 18, 2006.

1. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

I was wondering if anyone here uses acronis true image 9??
    I just upgraded from 8 and it seems that windows98 is not that happy with the backup @ shutdown option. Anyone have an idea on how to make a shortcut to start an operation for it? When I seem to schedule the task and just run when I want it doesn't mess up so thinking this would just be easier before shutdown time.

Thanks,
    mooo

2. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Stick with version 8 if you don't use the File/Folder backup option. (ie if you only do full partition/drive backups then use version 8.)

3. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

I use the file/folder option. I am just backing up 1 folder every day at shutdown from work and it renames to visionbackupa.tib , visionbackupb.tib and so on.. which isn't bad.. just want to make it easy on me and do the short cut on the desktop.

4. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

I see. Not sure about shortcuts with Acronis. Sorry.

5. mooo

mooo thecyberninja

it's cool, I think i am just crazy thinking that before I had a shortcut but my short term memory is shot :( damn those teenage years!!

do you know any other programs for backup like acronis?? I been getting blue screen with 9.2337 (all of 9 actually) and was looking for other options. Its the company money so I am not THAT worried about it :p

Last edited: Jan 18, 2006
  6. ming

ming OSNN Advanced

Acronis is the best I've used so far. I used to use Norton Ghost, but that required me to backup via a restart which I found annoying.
    I've tried Version 9 and didn't quite like it to be honest. Although file/folder backup is something I wanted to see implemented in Acronis, I felt more comfortable staying with Version 8.
    It surprises me to see soooo many updates for Version 9 being announced on this forum - never saw a single thread/frontpage post on Version 8 updates. :)