Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by orion2000, Apr 9, 2002.

1. orion2000

orion2000 Guest

I would like to turn off the ACPI feature of Windows XP. How can I go about doing this?

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
  2. allan

allan Guest

First place to look is your bios & see if there's an ACPI option there.
  3. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

Okay,,, I hope you know why you want it...

Right click my computer > Properties > Hardware > Device Manager > expand Computer >right click ACPI > Properties > Driver > update driver > Install from a list or specific location > Don't search. I will choose the driver to install > Standard PC...

Next, next ok blah blah reboot...

Removing ACPI takes away a lot of functions,,, If your trying to straighten out an IRQ problem this won't do it... Basically there's not good reason I know to remove ACPI...
  4. orion2000

orion2000 Guest

Basically I am at the ned of my rope, and it was one of the many ideas thrown at me trying to fix a problem playing a game. All of my other games are working. I have updated the Video Driver, I have updated the MB, BIOS, SB Live!, and all kinds of other little tweaks ( many found on this site). I was initially having a NV4_DISP issue but all of the above cleared that up now I just CTD. Many other folks running the same setup are not having the issue.

If you know any other common things to try that I havent listed please feel free to speak up =)

I am not having a heat or power problem either..
  5. allan

allan Guest

1) When you updated your drivers did you download them from the oem web sites? If not, you should (as opposed to Windows Update)

2) If the problem is just one game, I certainly wouldn't mess with ACPI - I'd find another game to keep me occupied (or, forgive me, a book ;) )
  6. MiseryQ

MiseryQ Guest

AllAn's right.... Disabling acpi is not worth it for 1 game...
    What game is it... Maybe there's a patch,,, Maybe is just does'nt work with XP... Are the "many others" using Xp?!?