ACPI and USB

B

bmxjt

Hello all,

In an attempt to configure my pc for better music production, I have been making changes to my XP Pro configuration. Through some literature I have recently come across that was specific towards maximizing XP for audio production, changing ACPI to Standard PC was suggested. Well, I did do this and I had to reboot afterwards. When the pc rebooted, It basically reinstalled all of its hardware, CD-Rom, DVD-ROM, USB, the whole sha-bang! Well, everything seems to be normal now EXCEPT my usb. NOthing is working through usb. I had a hub connected and thought at first it was something with the hub but I have disconnected the hub and tried going straight into the mobo's USb connectors and still, not working. I've gone into the device listings as well and uninstalled USB and let it re-install on its own and still nothing. Is it not possible for USB to run correctly without ACPI enabled?

any info or help would be appreciated.
thanks

yeah, i did check there earlier. And now I am making a liar out of myself, because all of a sudden , I see my printer is showing (connected through USB) and just printed a test page. I seriously have no clue as to what changed in order for it to work now. ugh

Check my previous post I edited with a link so you can double check how you configured your System. It deals with ACPI and Audio performance.

thanks gonaads, i will read that. My mobo is a Gigabyte 7ZX VIA KT133 chipset.

If nothing is working in your USB ports you might wanna check your bios settings because sometimes it can be disabled. Or do other devices work on it?

it all seems to be working now. The last thing i can think of that i did was to remove the USB from my device list (for like the 4th time) and then rebooted and I now it seems fine. Wish had checked prior to posting this. but thanks all for the help anyway. I did check the bios earlier, made sure USB legacy was enabled and all that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back