Access Sony BIOS

I

i_pedal

I've tried every key press I know: F1, F4, F10, Del, Esc, Shift+Esc, Shift+Del, Ctrl+Del, Alt+Del to try to access the bios on booting this thing.
Is there something I'm missing about accessing the bios on XP?
thanks,
bill g

Are you pressing and holding down during startup?

BTW, I am jealous! '67 chevelle ragtop. *drool*

Thanks for reply guys.
The thing boots so fast I don't really even hear the POST beep. I have tried holding the key from cold boot, restart; just hitting it throughout the boot, etc. The mb book says del is the correct key. It makes me wonder if bootvis has some setting that hauls a** thru the POST.
I don't have the splash screen enabled so I get to see what appears to be the bios access message for an eyeblink and then all the dll's loading.
I wonder if I removed bootvis. Boy I hate to screw up and have to do another restore.
bill g

Not sure....I just hit DEL repeatedly until my monitor finally turns on, and there it is, my BIOS screen.

lol...sorry i cant help

Ok, I'm gonna try a cold start and hold the del key.
OT xsivforce,
here's pic of the ride

Originally posted by i_pedal
xsivforce,
here's pic of the ride
*jealous*. I have had 3 of em. A '70, '71, '72. None of em ragtops. The '70 was an SS though. I miss that ride.:(

Well DUH! It was the F2 key. ASUS says it's del but I guess Sony changed it. Go figure. Anyhow, it was about the most sparse bios I've ever seen. Maybe 20 settings. So much for tweaks.
thanks again for help guys. If I'm ever wherever y'all are we'll take the red car and drive around and throw beer cans at signs.
bill g

Originally posted by i_pedal

thanks again for help guys. If I'm ever wherever y'all are we'll take the red car and drive around and throw beer cans at signs.
bill g
Now that sounds like fun!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back