About services...

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Beginning, Jul 11, 2007.

1. Beginning

Beginning I'm Beginning Somehow...

Hi folks..

Sorry I ain't been around for a while.. Really busy with work and all.. Anyway, I logged onto my XP desktop today and I noticed my CPU usage was @ a 100% all the time... It drops a bit now and then but goes right back up... I looked under the processes tab and I see NMIndexingStoreSvr.exe is running @ 94 - 98. What is this process? I can't find any info on it. What the frack is going on? Any ideas?

2. Tarun

Tarun www.lunarsoft.net

Download Process Explorer

In Process Explorer, go to View > Select Columns and apply a check to Image Path.

Next, right click NMIndexingStoreSvr.exe and choose Properties. Copy the path and paste it here for us to see.

After a quick search on the process name, I found foreign results. You may wish to terminate the process after getting the path.

3. Beginning

Oh crap....... I must be getting old.. :) I got paranoid and thought I had to have the answer today.. :) Anyway as it turns out it was Nero putting that process in there. I found it out after I posted. I had forgot that most of the processes that are in the task manager/ processes, are also displayed in the software environment/running tasks in your startmenu/accessories/system tools/system information. Anyway I found it in there and just went and killed it. I thought anything that is running all the time having to do with Nero shouldn't be running in the processes.. So anyway thanks for the quick responce, all sorted out.. :D Cheers!!

4. Tarun

Tarun www.lunarsoft.net

Better to play it safe and check into it, than to leave it alone and risk things getting worse. ;)

5. loaderbull

loaderbull OSNN Junkie

That is part of the Nero suite. Nero Media Sniffer or something. Just disable it, it's a pain anyway!

Sorry i missed that. My brain too quick for my eyes sometimes...

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2007
  6. Beginning

NP.. :) We all have those days...

7. Ruletheyoung

Ruletheyoung OSNN One Post Wonder

Hello,

I've got the same problem, my CPU is also everytime 100%. I downloaded the program and here is my copy. I don't know if this is the thing you need. This is my first time on a forum, so don't get to angry that I post reply on an old topic.

This is the copy-paste part

http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php?url=http%3A//computer-software.marktplaats.nl/overige-computer-software/122350658-test-cpu.html%3Fcomplete_ad%3D1%26code%3D22544bc8b1c889affe8ae3db17ee0915%26xref%3D1

And the other one:
    http://www.marktplaats.nl/index.php...&code=22544bc8b1c889affe8ae3db17ee0915&xref=1