about kazaa

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Bail, Aug 20, 2002.

1. Bail

Bail Guest

is it true that u might received viruses using kazaa??ive already used kazaa when my os was still windows 98..but when i used windows xp i didnt download it...but i havent download mp3s for weeks and i need a good software to download...what do you think guys??should i downloas kazaa again?

2. better use kazaa lite instead of original kazaa. and i've never got a virus from it.

3. Kush

Kush High On Life!

And also download dietk it makes downloads go faster and no ads, even kazaa lite which claims to have no ads still has ads not as often as the normal kazaa but still has them! diet k site :)

4. i didnt notice any pop up ads with kazaa lite, and already using some kind of "fasttrack accelerator", but i'll try that diet thing.

5. john30uk

john30uk Guest

Kazzalite is tops now ,diet load of **** dont do anything i see is better exept run another app down at taskbar using resources,they want you to pay money to update to kazzalite DIET with LEMON,**** what next kazaalite DIET with LEMON and a COCKTAIL UMBERELLA

6. madmain1

madmain1 Guest

I've been using imesh, but i am finding increasingly hard to download music I just have every bugger trying to upload my music, I get at least over a hundred uploads a night. I might give Kazzalite a try, but i have heard that it sometime conflicts with imesh has anyone had that problem?

7. john30uk

john30uk Guest

unistall imesh but not sure if it leave and stuff of spyware behind,i seem to remember reading it doesnt have any.

DO NOT INSTALL KAZZA,INSTALL KAZZA LITE

8. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Ok, I agree, Kazaa is bad. Spits pop ups at you constantly, and crashes. But why Kazaa Lite? I have it, I have been running it for a while now, under Windows XP. Over 4 months, it has proven stable. Crashed and froze up about 5 times, but, thats not a major thing. If you download Kazaa Lite with a thing called Supertrick, it takes away all ads. Sure, you can get viruses with it, say, if you download a file that is a song, yet, the file size is 5kb. Scan the files before opening. Works fine for me, I don't know about other people.

9. Kush

Kush High On Life!

Diet kazaa makes kazaa lite and kazaa work without spyware and also speeds up the download, it works much better for me, also kazaa lite still has ads and i hate those but if u like that thats up to u! Also it disables the bit rate limit which is also done in kazaa lite but it seems its done better from diet kaza, and my final point it can get mannnnnnnnnnnnny more search results than the normal kazaa lite!:D

10. john30uk

john30uk Guest

With the ordinary KAZZALITE you can use regedit to let u search for as much as u want i use 500max but can easily be 15000 but you would wait a while and scroll sreen down for 3 hours and wouldnt find 15000 in the first place.

11. Bail

Bail Guest

how bout winmx??

i really miss audiogalaxy...:(

12. winmx kinda sux, i tryed getting songs from there, couldnt get anything

13. Piett

Piett ...will circle this city

In my opinion winmx had this history:
    First it rocked!

Then it sucked!

Then it sucked again!

Now it is moderate.

and audiogalaxy definatly kicked. probably the best program since napster in it's golden glory.

14. Piett

i guess that i should point out what i am mainly useing: Direct Connect. it takes a little getting used to, but i love it. very useful for swapping home pictures with friends, providing that you are in the same hub (equivelent to server/room).

15. madmain1

madmain1 Guest

I have been using getright to download from www.music369.com and all the downloads from there are fine. It is a good site ifyou are looking for full albums, especially new albums.:cool:

16. Stircrazy

Stircrazy Guest

I use win MX now works good but hell last time i had Kazzaa lite installed it made Mcaffee go nutz on every popup sayin they were viruses lmao

17. blinden

blinden OSNN Senior Addict

Audiogalaxy was ****, first off, secondly, Kazaa lite is tolerable, BUT, has anyone else been getting, with EVERY search, anywhere from 1 to 3 songs on the top of the list by JOHNNY VIRGIL??? this blows my mind, I don't understand it, is it a virus or something? no matter what I search for, they show up instantly

18. Piett

i got something similar to that, but they were vids of some band. i think that it is their "Music promoting" phase that they said that they were going to do

19. anewhope

anewhope Guest

I'm using kazaa light and i've never had one problem with it. Was using kazaa until I found out about their terms and conditions that said stuff to the effect of at anytime they could charge you for what you've downloaded and use your free bandwidth if they needed to, now that doesn't seem fair does it!

20. madmain1

madmain1 Guest

Definately not, that totally sucks.