ABIT KT7A-Raid

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by farmerdan1, Sep 2, 2004.

1. farmerdan1

farmerdan1 OSNN One Post Wonder

Hi Guys,,,

Just wondering, I have ( now dont laught, it is old but is fast enough for my needs) an Abit KT7A-Raid mother board with two 40 gig HD's, 2x 512 pc133 ram and a 1.4 Athlon Processor. I have to have the board set at 100MHZ as the processor wont run it if set it higher unless I upgrade the processor.
    Do any of you guys know if it would take an AMD XP2000 processor, the reason I wanted that type is cause it runs cooler and also faster and i wouldnt think that board would take anything bigger. It is a home made job and dont want to get rid of it even although i have it networked to a 2.6 in the bedroom.

Dan

2. farmerdan1

farmerdan1 OSNN One Post Wonder

Forgot to say,,, and a 128 meg grapohics card,, ;)

3. tibboh

tibboh Arte et Marte

Hi brov - scrap it, I say ,,, 2 Heinz beans tins on a bit of string will be good enough to network (by the way i've managed to drag myself of Lisa's new Toshiba lappie - prefer my home built jallopie).

4. emeritus

emeritus Beware the Monkeys!!!

If motherboard is a rev. 1.3, you can install upto a XP 2400+ Thoroughbred B CPU. I have 3 KT7A's. They are all still going strong. I did upgrade my system to an AN7, and I am loving it!!!