Abit KT7-HPT UDMA 60% CPU Load

Flashed with the Hacked BIOS. Now running HPT at 2.0.0919 and XP at 2.0.1203. The results are about the same as before, but I now have the RAID Admin working. Clicked on the UDMA6 until I got carpal-tunnel, lol.

Sorry, that should be 2.0.1019 for the HPT.

Definantly a LONG ways from where you started. Glad you got the administrator to work too. It was the only program i've come across that showed me what mode my drive was in while running XP. Cheers and have a good and safe Christmas.

Are you running your HD on the Highpoint RAID controller or the VIA?

I had my Maxtor UDMA6 (133) on the VIA which only supports up to UDMA4 (66). I switched it over to the HPT which supports UDMA5 (100). Lonman and I have the same MB, the Abit KT7-RAID so we are comparing results.

Originally posted by MeanGene
Are you running your HD on the Highpoint RAID controller or the VIA?

I had my Maxtor UDMA6 (133) on the VIA which only supports up to UDMA4 (66). I switched it over to the HPT which supports UDMA5 (100). Lonman and I have the same MB, the Abit KT7-RAID so we are comparing results.

I have the KT7A-RAID (HDs on hpt)

I also have a Maxtor UDMA4 on the second primary HPT and the HD Tach results are not as good as the newer drive. Use the RAID Admin to check what mode you are running in. You may be able to kick it up a notch by changing the mode it is running in.

Originally posted by MeanGene
I also have a Maxtor UDMA4 on the second primary HPT and the HD Tach results are not as good as the newer drive. Use the RAID Admin to check what mode you are running in. You may be able to kick it up a notch by changing the mode it is running in.
my drives are running udma5

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back