AA/AF with a gf4 4200

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Tuffgong4, Aug 8, 2003.

1. Tuffgong4

Tuffgong4 The Donger Need Food!!!! Political User

jsut wondering with my graph card what are the setting of AA/AF I can use with good performance if at all

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

perhaps 0/0 :)

not kidding btw...

the efficiency of your card in applying those filtering methods is inferior to that of today's cards... so in order to apply decent levels of AA/AF.. you will have to play lower resolutions...

AF normally has a smaller hit on overall performance... so perhaps 2xAA/4xAF may be doable for some slightly older games (ie older than ut2k3) @ decent resolutions...

haven't used a 4200 in ages... so I dunno how it would fare in todays games...

3. AyA

AyA Guest

my ti4200 can run games easy with 4x on both settings at 1024x768, just get the 45.xx drivers and tweak your card with riva tuner or atuner. go www.guru3d.com for those tweakers

4. Tuffgong4

thanks guys

5. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

i only turn those on when i play CS. i prefer a higher resolution anyway (and so does my 1280x1024 lcd) so that's the first thing that gets set. if i can afford some AA or AF afterwards and still get 60fps, then i do it. CS is the only game i play that i can get away with doing that.

6. Tuffgong4

oh cool cause I play cs more than anything else

7. When I had my Geforce3 I ran 1024x768 w/Quincunx and 8 AF.

Unfortunately now that I have a 9700 Pro I see that Quincunx is nowhere near 4x in quality.