A8N-SLI Glitch with Vista

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Dawgz83944, Feb 4, 2007.

1. Dawgz83944

Dawgz83944 OSNN One Post Wonder

Here's my story if anyone has a fix let me know. The ASUS forums are slammed, anyway I have an ASUS A8N-SLI Deluxe that had the 10.11 Bios with a 3800. I purchased Vista Ultimate and there were no problems at all. I upgraded my processor to an FX-60 which required a BIOS upgrade to correctly detect the processor.

After that Windows would blue screen all the time. All the Hardware diagnostics I would run would test the CPU and RAM as being good. Every 3rd boot it will boot into Vista and quickly crash. I formatted and reinstalled with no problems. After all the updates were done same thing happened. I narrowed it down to the Microsoft patch for the NForce 4 PCI-Express. Every BIOS after 10.11 will crash even the BETA bios I'm running now. I works perfect now, but I would like to apply this patch but I can't. Thanks again guyz....

2. kop48

kop48 OSNN Addict

Just wait for Nvidia to release their proper platform drivers.

3. LeeJend

LeeJend Moderator

Or don't use the Microsoft patches. I have a 5200 that runs fine unless I accept the Microsoft Update download for it. Then it just crashes and I have to go to safe mode and pry out the bad driver that MS is pushing.

4. kop48

kop48 OSNN Addict

I'm pretty sure it's not a Microsoft patch - it's just an old Nvidia driver which Nvidia hasn't bothered updating yet.

5. Dawgz83944

Dawgz83944 OSNN One Post Wonder

I think your right the MS driver and NVIDIA beta Nforce driver is the same size and version. Well hope they fix it soon, I mostly posted it so noone else pulls their hair out for 3 hours trying to figure it out.

6. American Zombie

American Zombie Moderator Staff Member Political User

A8N-E with all the updates and running just fine even with games.

7. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

I've been running Vista Ultimate on an A8N-SLi Deluxe since November, with all the Windows Update patches installed. No problems here. I'm using the 1017-004 BIOS version.