A7V133 Problem

B

boxman

Okay here is the explanation. I was doing a little work on my PC, pulled the CPU fan off of my SK-6. I plug my box in, try to boot it and it boots. After about 10 seconds it shuts down. I pull out the PC speaker (got fans where it used to be) plug it in, it starts up and then beeps one long beep and then turns off. Tried swaping out RAM, no go, tried a differend vid card, same stuff. Somehow even though I have a shim, and didn't actually pull the CPU Cooler itself, did something happen to my proc? I'm getting frustrated now :confused: , anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Specs are on my sig.

A7V Boot Problems.

There is one easy way to check. Pull off your heatsink & Fan and check the bottom of your processor. If it has a burned spot it is toast. I have seen other problems with the asus boards however. I am not familiar with your HS&Fan but if it is one of the round "ORB" type I have seen occasion where they are too large and push the filter capacitors out a little bit. This eventually ends up ruining the filtering in the regulation circuits of the motherboard rendering it useless. I would recommend checking out AMD's site they have a listing of approved HS&Fans I personally use the PentAlpha (ASK0169B) with a copper bottom it is quiet and I have had no problems with it at all. I also recommend "Arctic Silver" to use as Heat Sink Compound. Best of luck to you.

Originally posted by boxman
Okay here is the explanation. I was doing a little work on my PC, pulled the CPU fan off of my SK-6. I plug my box in, try to boot it and it boots. After about 10 seconds it shuts down. I pull out the PC speaker (got fans where it used to be) plug it in, it starts up and then beeps one long beep and then turns off. Tried swaping out RAM, no go, tried a differend vid card, same stuff. Somehow even though I have a shim, and didn't actually pull the CPU Cooler itself, did something happen to my proc? I'm getting frustrated now :confused: , anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Specs are on my sig.

put your fan back on:)

u didnt pull off cooler but state u pulled off cpu fan....why? how else is it going to cool down....put the fan back on if u didnt already fry the cpu or mobo

Ys, I put the fan back on. With the Thermalright Sk-6 the fan can be removed with the heatsink still attatched becasue it is held on with clips, I figured out what the problem was, with my nervousness that something was terribly wrong I forgot to plug the RPM cable back in, (they are seperate) and I had the option set to check the CPU fan RPM on boot, no fan motion showing, no boot. Thanks all anyhow.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back