a really stupid question

D

dayle

i just opened up mu case today after 3 months and cleaned it throughly .i took off every part and cleaned it..

does anyone know if my cooling fans shold rotate clockwise or anticlockwise . facing the inside of my pc

please tell me which image should face inside my tower

see the file i have attached

thanks

i think the best is to let one fan suck air in and one fan blow air out... So let one face inside the tower and the otherone outside ;)

u can have it either way round!! depends if u want it 2 suck hot air out or blow cold air in!!:D

yea the important thing is to have constant air flow through your case.

One at the (low) front sucking in, on on the (high) back blowing out. If the fans sit together they must blow the same way or the airflow will be all wrong.

Just in case you didn't know how to tell which way the airflow will go, there are two arrow on the side of the fan, one shows the direction the fan will spin and the other shows the direction of the airflow.
If you already knew that, sorry.

thanks

thanks everybody.ill do that
but i have a fan on the side cover too which way should i point it so that the airflow doesnt get messed up...if i turn the side fan off the intel active monitor that came with my mainboard goes off with heat alarms

fan1.JPG

I had a fan on the side blowing out. I moved it to blow out on the back instead. Temps dropped 5-10C depending on load. Now air gets sucked in through the side instead. But then again I don't have a front fan so that may be the cause. Try both ways?

i set the front and side fans to blow in ...and since the back one is just aside the processor fan..they both blow out ...guess what the case temp has dropped by 3 - 4 deg c

thanks all

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back