a really stupid question

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dayle, Oct 22, 2002.

1. dayle

dayle Guest

i just opened up mu case today after 3 months and cleaned it throughly .i took off every part and cleaned it..

does anyone know if my cooling fans shold rotate clockwise or anticlockwise . facing the inside of my pc

please tell me which image should face inside my tower

see the file i have attached

thanks

2. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

i think the best is to let one fan suck air in and one fan blow air out... So let one face inside the tower and the otherone outside ;)

3. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

u can have it either way round!! depends if u want it 2 suck hot air out or blow cold air in!!:D

4. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

yea the important thing is to have constant air flow through your case.

5. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

One at the (low) front sucking in, on on the (high) back blowing out. If the fans sit together they must blow the same way or the airflow will be all wrong.

6. Bootsy

Bootsy Huh?

I agree

7. djwhite

djwhite OSNN Senior Addict

Just in case you didn't know how to tell which way the airflow will go, there are two arrow on the side of the fan, one shows the direction the fan will spin and the other shows the direction of the airflow.
    If you already knew that, sorry.

8. dayle

dayle Guest

thanks

thanks everybody.ill do that
    but i have a fan on the side cover too which way should i point it so that the airflow doesnt get messed up...if i turn the side fan off the intel active monitor that came with my mainboard goes off with heat alarms

[​IMG]

9. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

I had a fan on the side blowing out. I moved it to blow out on the back instead. Temps dropped 5-10C depending on load. Now air gets sucked in through the side instead. But then again I don't have a front fan so that may be the cause. Try both ways?

10. dayle

dayle Guest

i set the front and side fans to blow in ...and since the back one is just aside the processor fan..they both blow out ...guess what the case temp has dropped by 3 - 4 deg c

thanks all