A rant about xp

K

kino

I have a new athlon xp,loaded with clean installment of xp,I have had nothing but grief from day 1 but have decided to carry on with a format,I have now reached a stage where I have optyimised my sytem to much to go back.

Anyway my problem is that every now and then windows decides to reboot,I have since found out that xp is set by default to do this instead of blue screens,(no wonder they bragged you would never see a blue screen again)I have checked the errors in mini dump event logger and tried to get help online via microsoft but they say there is no other recoded problems.

I have since tried the file repair tool and no help with that either,would an over write iwth xp again solve this problem,I used to do this with wind 98 and it worked great after wards,can it be done with xp,are there anyother repair options that would also help,thank you if you can help with this post.

To disable automatic reboot, go to control panel > system > Advanced > Startup and recovery > uncheck automatically restart.

When you bsod you should get a 'stop: 0x00...' code of some sort or other. When it happens, either go do a search at Microsofts knowledge base with it, or post it here so we can help you out.

Thank you I will do that,sorry about my terrible spelling,I have been on the keyboard all day and posted a bit hasty.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back