a quick tip.

Lonman

Bleh!
Have you ever hit an icon in your quicklaunch menu and accidently drug it off onto your desktop? I've done it numerous times and it always generates a negative emotional response because I have to drag it back on and then delete the one that stays on the desktop. :mad:

I just navigated to:
C:\Documents and Settings\Lonman\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
and made all the shortcuts read only. Now when I attempt to drag one off a box pops up asking me if I want move the read-only file. Not only NO, but h*** no. Of course, I'd have to perform a separate hack to actually have a 'h*** no' button, but I'll save that for another time.

Cheers.

errr ummm... if you were to ever do something, anything really, including what Lonman mentioned. If you ever make a mistake and immediately realize that had all you need to do is hit ctrl + z and that does an undo. It works on almost everything.

didn't work on my first marriage, I hit ctrl + z several times immediatley after and she didn't disappear. dang it

cool.gif

I did say it work on almost everything. Plus that problem you mentioned most likely lies between keyboard and chair. Not something the OS can fix.
twak.gif

um, that's never happened to me. you're weird. i'm going to go play with the cool kids on the other side of the playground now.

Originally posted by Iceman
didn't work on my first marriage, I hit ctrl + z several times immediatley after and she didn't disappear. dang it

cool.gif

LMAO! :D :p ;)

Originally posted by Lonman
Have you ever hit an icon in your quicklaunch menu and accidently drug it off onto your desktop? I've done it numerous times and it always generates a negative emotional response because I have to drag it back on and then delete the one that stays on the desktop. :mad:

I just navigated to:
C:\Documents and Settings\Lonman\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
and made all the shortcuts read only. Now when I attempt to drag one off a box pops up asking me if I want move the read-only file. Not only NO, but h*** no. Of course, I'd have to perform a separate hack to actually have a 'h*** no' button, but I'll save that for another time.

Cheers.

Wouldn't it be easier just to lock your task bar?

Even with the taskbar locked you can still drag icons into and out of the quick launch bar.

Originally posted by Iceman

cool.gif

That's because it's a marrage system file. Hitting control + Z just causes it to kill all yer resources and hogs all yer memory.

Then the only way to clear everything up is to reformat and then reinstall marrage... of course it's a totally new marrage.:rolleyes: :p

Good ta hear from ya Lonman.:)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back