a quick tip.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Lonman, Dec 16, 2002.

1. Lonman

Lonman Bleh!

Have you ever hit an icon in your quicklaunch menu and accidently drug it off onto your desktop? I've done it numerous times and it always generates a negative emotional response because I have to drag it back on and then delete the one that stays on the desktop. :mad:

I just navigated to:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Lonman\Application Data\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch
    and made all the shortcuts read only. Now when I attempt to drag one off a box pops up asking me if I want move the read-only file. Not only NO, but h*** no. Of course, I'd have to perform a separate hack to actually have a 'h*** no' button, but I'll save that for another time.

Cheers.

2. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

Lonman! Back! :happy:

3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

4. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

Good to see you Lonman and nice tip :happy:

5. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

errr ummm... if you were to ever do something, anything really, including what Lonman mentioned. If you ever make a mistake and immediately realize that had all you need to do is hit ctrl + z and that does an undo. It works on almost everything.

6. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

didn't work on my first marriage, I hit ctrl + z several times immediatley after and she didn't disappear. dang it

[​IMG]

7. PseudoKiller

PseudoKiller Zug Zug

I did say it work on almost everything. Plus that problem you mentioned most likely lies between keyboard and chair. Not something the OS can fix. [​IMG]

8. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Great tip Lonman. On my way to change them n.........well soon. :)

9. omgsoup

omgsoup OSNN Senior Addict

um, that's never happened to me. you're weird. i'm going to go play with the cool kids on the other side of the playground now.

10. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

LMAO! :D :p ;)

11. 93tbirdsc

93tbirdsc Guest

Wouldn't it be easier just to lock your task bar?

12. rettahc

rettahc Guest

Even with the taskbar locked you can still drag icons into and out of the quick launch bar.

13. Dubbin1

Dubbin1 I Like Cheese

I want a h*** no button

14. gonaads

gonaads Beware the G-Man Political User Folding Team

That's because it's a marrage system file. Hitting control + Z just causes it to kill all yer resources and hogs all yer memory.

Then the only way to clear everything up is to reformat and then reinstall marrage... of course it's a totally new marrage.:rolleyes: :p

Good ta hear from ya Lonman.:)