A question for you Windows 2000 Server gurus out there....

gballard

OSNN Senior Addict
I have 3 servers here that will be running an application through Terminal Services. The servers are running Windows 2000 Advanced Server and we need them to use load balancing across the three servers. I used the Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 240997 to help me try to do this but something is still not working right apparently. Here is the pertinent information:

TSESRV1 xxx.xxx.xxx.248
TSESRV2 xxx.xxx.xxx.249
TSESRV3 xxx.xxx.xxx.250
TSECLUSTER xxx.xxx.xxx.246
Subnet Mask is 255.255.255.0 for all 4 IP addresses.

So I went to the network properties of the network card on the live network TSESRV1 and checked the box beside Network Load Balancing and highlighted it and went to properties.

The cluster parameters I entered are:
Primary IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.246
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Full Internet Name: TSECLUSTER.somename.net
Network Address: 03-bf-0a-c8-1a-f6
Multicast Support: Enabled
Remote Password:
Confirm Password:
Remote Control: Not Enabled

The host parameters:
Priority(Unique Host ID): 1
Initial Cluster State: Active
Dedicated IP Address: xxx.xxx.xxx.248
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0

Port Rules I left at default settings.

I then went to properties of TCP/IP and then clicked the Advanced button and then clicked the Add button and added the xxx.xxx.xxx.246 address per the instructions I had.

I did the above procedure on all 3 servers. The problem is...I can go to a command prompt on the individual servers and ping their IP address as well as the cluster IP address but when I try this from my workstation...I cannot get a response from the cluster IP address. I went back and checked and noticed the Cluster Service was not installed and when I tried to install it...it said that it didn't work in Application Mode....which I think the terminal services need to be in since there will be users running applications via terminal services.

Anyone see a step I left out or anything? Any input would be appreciated.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back