a question about dvd roms

T

Thaine

i am thinkin about buyin a dvd drive for my pc and i was lookin at this one:
PIONEER INTERNAL ATAPI 16X DVD-ROM MODEL 106S/2
and was wondering if it is a good drive and or if anyone has any suggestions. also i know that they used to reccomend a decoder board with a drive, (ie the hollywood one) but now with all the fancy software they have and the dvd acceleration that my gf4 brags about i was wondering if it is any benefit.

yes, good question.... i have one as well as i am gonna get one this weekend. there isn't any real difference between a slot and tray dvd drive is there? it's more just what you prefer... well that's what i would think but i would like another opinion on that.

i have the Pioneer 16X slot ...its the only one i've ever had in a PC.....works just fine for me ...use Power DVD XP Deluxe player with it :)

my GF4 came with WinDVD but have never used it

hardware decoders are a thing of the past as far as i know

I too have one of those drives very good (and can be made region free at your own risk), ALTHOUGH, they can be a bit noisy now and again if you want silent i have heard the toshiba drives are good though not available in the funky slot version :)
Also power dvd is very good but so are the latest versions of windvd.

I like msi's dvd player.. pretty quiet and doesnt skip alot :0)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back