A movie you LOVED, but everyone else seemed to hate...

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political Access
Ok so I made this one to see the other side...

Some of my favorites:

Army of darkness ... one of the best zombies EVER... funny as crap too...

Princess Bride ... if you cant see the comedy in this movie, you have no funny bone...

Cheers!

Mike A!

I don't know anyone who hates either of your picks. They might not be super popular but all of my friends love (and can endlessly quote) both of your picks.

This is much harder to do than the other thread. There are a bunch of BAD movies, and there is debate on whether or not the movie is intentionally bad.

I love Kung Pow for instance. I think it is intentionally awful. It exists only to mock kung fu movies.

One of the best examples I can think of is Fight Club. I absolutely love Fight Club. But critically, it was panned. It bombed in theaters and didn't really find it's audience until DVD. Another is Office Space. I love this one too. But it was dropped into theaters with no promotion and got pretty weak reviews. Everyone that has seen it since loves it though.

I can quote both of the movies I mentioned... maybe more than I should... however... only a very select group of my friends would watch these two movies at the drop of a hat...

The rest of the people we hung out with didnt see the humor... neither does my wife for that matter...

:D

Mike A!

The Transformers movie from 1985(The new ones suck). And probably Basketball. Any cult comedies as well, like MST3K etc...

I love Princess Bride but so does everyone I know. That's a damn good movie!

Hmmm... one everyone else I know hated. Off the top of my head I can think of three:

1. Lars and the Real Girl. Slow. No action here. I found it humorous and poignant.
  2. The Beautiful Somewhere. Another slower movie. Definitely not a happy movie. It was the subject matter that drew my interest.
  3. The Village. Yes, I loved it. The cinematography and and music were stunning. I'm tired of listening to my friends moan about how bad it was. This movie contains a lot of deep thoughts if you really sit down and look at it. There's a great deal of social commentary and symbolism. I'm still waiting for this on Blu-Ray.

I'm sure there are more but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back