A good wireless router but not to $$$

failurbydesign

music MUSIC music
Political Access
I need to get a good wireless router thats not to much money....so any ideas please send me some links!!!:lick:

kcnychief said:
Best router IMO is this one -

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16833124010

Currently a rebate on it too :)

There are models above it, ones that have Super G or Speedbooster G, but I doubt you'll be able to saturate the 54Mbps anyways :)

EDIT: Same model as Brad posted

I had that same one at my old house(moved out of dads into moms) and it was pretty cool, i have a wireless b adapter, that will work on a G right?

Yes, that will work with 802.11b/g. I have 2 of these routers (one at my parents and one at my house) and they have both worked flawlessly for years.

failurbydesign said:
I had that same one at my old house(moved out of dads into moms) and it was pretty cool, i have a wireless b adapter, that will work on a G right?
It's been said to a point, but routers can do 3 modes, "B only", "G only", or mixed.

kcnychief said:
It's been said to a point, but routers can do 3 modes, "B only", "G only", or mixed.

Don't forget "A" :lick:

A is the old stuff right?
Anyways, yah go with the wrt54g.
Great router

I was goin to mention A, but it's pretty much obselete as it's not really used anymore. I was trying to keep the discussion relevant ;)

Ha!
I knew it
I was giving advice on the computer my friend wanted, the 17" hp laptop. and he said, he needs to have a,b,g because it will come in handy in the future.
I knew i was right.
I told him he didnt need a yet he still go it...

When I first started at my job they still used A in the office, but now have switched to G.

cheapest will be to contact me and make me an offer I cannot refuse for my old Linksys (router with no modem) or Dlink (router and modem) - prepared to exchange for an HD.... reasonable? I think so...

Mainframeguy said:
cheapest will be to contact me and make me an offer I cannot refuse for my old Linksys (router with no modem) or Dlink (router and modem) - prepared to exchange for an HD.... reasonable? I think so...

if i had a HD to spare..we would be golden, but i dont...sorry

I would prefer the netgear as it supports WPA. However, it is refurbished

If you wanna go Linksys get the WRT54G not the BEFW11S4, I have the BEFW11S4 and I have problems with it.

The WRT54G is a feature packed router that is great quality. You pay for what you get. Try to save up a little more and then get it. You won't be sorry.

The first link sucks. "B" only.

Check the Compusa web site after midnight. Two day sale. They have a netgear wireless for sale $29. The linsys is will have better range but at $55 is not cheap.

I can forward the email notification if you want. I can't get a link until Friday though.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back