A good reason to have realtime file scanning

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by chastity, Sep 23, 2002.

1. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Well I found a very good reason for having a anti-virus program that does realtime file scanning. See attached image

2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Chastity any idea where it came from??

3. chastity

some stupid pop-up on a pretty useful site, the pop-up was related to adult content. I'm lookin for more info as its been awhile since I got one. For anybody lookin for more info about this virus check out the link.

Virus Info

4. Timuwine

Timuwine Guest

Well I seen a similiar file on my computer like that.

After looking at a certain site (rather not say) :D

That's why I asked you earlier Chastity

5. chastity

hey not a probelm Timuwine. I thought the idea of finding out what it was since Hipster and you both asked, that way if anybody else is wondering they can check it out

6. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

it anit like a virus really just open's webpages up i had loadssssssssssssssssssssssss once off these warez site lol

7. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

wel i was wrong lol mine of must of been difrent

JS.Exception.Exploit is an exploit that allows Java applets to run arbitrary code on unpatched versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer. In many cases, the applet may perform simple actions, such as changing your Internet Explorer home page. However, it can also be programmed perform actions such as a mass mailing, as in the case of VBS.Loding.A@mm, or to create file on your computer that perform almost any malicious

8. paul2-0-0-2

paul2-0-0-2 Moderator

and on ur norton's setting's dont quatrine the file auto delete cause it can still work lol and it's safer

9. Timuwine

Timuwine Guest

Sometimes deleting the file causes it to harm your computer. You could say that it triggers something to harm your computer.

10. chastity

Well in my case it got quatrined then I deleted it. So I'm still sticking by my statement that is the name of the thread

11. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

Chastity - just a quick verification - as long as Auto-Protect is enabled, real time scanning is to turned on. Correct?

12. RobbieSan

RobbieSan Guest

yep, also depends on the configuration.. if it's set to default then it should scan eveything that's run, opened, moved, copied, or downloaded, and email too..

13. damnyank

damnyank I WILL NOT FORGET 911

Thanks RobbieSan - I am pretty much a "default" kind of guy!:D

14. uptown

uptown Guest

i had that same virus, i just went in a manually removed it and all has been well, i have just been avoiding that same website so i don't get it again.