A Free PopUP Blocking Program

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Grandmaster, Mar 10, 2002.

1. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Electronica Addict Political User Folding Team

does anyone have a suggestion for a FREE PopUP removing program???

2. Jewelzz

Jewelzz OSNN Godlike Veteran

3. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

read about what you can do with adshield here

4. fxstc98

fxstc98 Guest

5. fxstc98

fxstc98 Guest

Adshield ?

Adshield requires you to make a "Blocklist" ?? so first I have to look at the ad once before I can Block it ??

Proximitron blocks ads, without a blocklist !!

Check it out :D

6. aletank

aletank Guest

Pop-Up stopper

I use Pop-Up stopper, No need to configure rules or have lists for certain sites, it just starts with Windows and a icon sits by your clock and works great, install and forget about it!!

Get it from www.panicware.com , there's the Pro version which you pay for so don't get confused with that, there's a free version there too.

7. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

adsheild does not require you to make a block list, and it took me 4 days to find a sight that needed to be added to it's own list

8. Dipsomaniac

Dipsomaniac So Very Tired

Proxomitron. It will get rid of window load and unload pop-ups, but it will let the ones that you want to go through (link pop-ups, mostly). It will also remove ads from pages without messing up the layout, and disables cookie snooping. If a site doesn't work with the filters, you can bypass them on a site-by-site basis.

Free, too.

http://www.flaaten.dk/prox/

9. casual_pcuk

casual_pcuk Guest

I used PopUp Killer -- it was godsend when I was using Windows 98 SE. Not sure whether it works for Windows XP though...

10. sic166mhz

sic166mhz Guest

damn, i installed that Proxomitron thing, and i can't seem to work very well with it..probably haven't spent much time with though..anyone got any tips?

11. krisatkins

krisatkins Guest

I use Popup killer in Xp, excellent stops ANY popup window, and if you want top see the popup just hold down ctrl, it's only about 67k as well. You can get it from www.download.com just do a search for popup and files less than 100k in size