A Day with a Lotus Elise...

NetRyder

Tech Junkie
On Friday, one of my managers at Google gave one of my co-workers and me his Lotus Elise for the weekend.

Yeah, that Lotus Elise; I couldn't believe it when I first heard it either!

And what an amazing work of engineering it is. I don't drive a stick-shift, so I just sat at the side and enjoyed the ride as we sprinted across the city on empty roads, taking off like a bullet at every green light. Before you know it, you're darting along at over 90 mph in a 45 mph zone. :D

On the way back to the Googleplex, we called my roommate, Aaron, and asked him if he wanted to take it for a quick spin. That made his day too. Check out the rest of the pictures.

Wow, what an experience...! :D

Last edited:
You lucky shiit. :D But why is it that all I can think about seeing these pics of you guys is "Ferris Bueller's Day Off". :p

Hint: Parking Lot Attendents :rolleyes:

Sure I'm not doing anything...and I am sure Gonaads would have been available for a look. Not hating at all, just really really jealous.

Hahahaha! Yeah huh. He coulda drove up to Frisco. :s

One of may mates works for Lotus in Hethal, Norfolk and he gets to drive the cars round the test track there. I'm so jealous!

Attachments

• lotus_exige_s_2006_01.jpg
    lotus_exige_s_2006_01.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Really thats weird, why can i see all these images, like gonaads phone....

Anyways here is the pic of the exige.

/too much like a toy to me, this is why I don't like the lamborguini either

I like unusual shapes without extreme features...why I love that lotus and the solstace

/too much like a toy to me, this is why I don't like the lamborguini either

I like unusual shapes without extreme features...why I love that lotus and the solstace
Its the same as the lotus...
It is the lotus, just more powerful.

Its the same as the lotus...
It is the lotus, just more powerful.
I fuwaa I son'r like thw wing...big differance to me

[edit]
hehe...vanquished, you beat me to my edit, I wasn't looking at my keys when I typed

I guess I don't like the wing

Last edited:
I have test driven one of these Lotus Elise's. Was driving with a cop beside me though, so when we did get pulled over it was as simple as him showing his badge :p.

Lucky that your boss let you borrow it for the weekend, that is one hell of an expensive car to just let a couple of people borrow it!

Hard for tall people to get in and out of :)
I was just about to mention the fact that it looks like it's there's two mega squashed people sat in that car,their sat shoulder to shoulder fighting for space. Talk about uncomfortable :speechless:

lotus_elise.jpg

:)
I was just about to mention the fact that it looks like it's there's two mega squashed people sat in that car,their sat shoulder to shoulder fighting for space. Talk about uncomfortable :speechless:

lotus_elise.jpg

Maybe...but they can go wicked fast.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back