6700 and other smart phone tips and tweaks

here's a great little tip for those of you that have this phone

there's a bug, once in a while we get what's called "dsod" (DARK SCREEN OF DEATH)

the phone still works but the screen light won't come on

somehow the user gui actually flips a check to not turn the light on, and if you can navigate without the light you just have to go into the "backlight" settings and turn the light back on

most people can do this plugged in because the setting for the back light will be on while plugged in

anyway, another solution is to just hold the power button for a few seconds, that turns the backlight on

this is a supposed bug, but I don't know if it is or not, but since I don't see anything wrong with running scary bear I'll post the issue

when you do a soft reset, some notifications are supposedly duplicated and that takes up some valuable computer memory, eventually slowing the unit down

I see nothing wrong with deleting notifications on this device, espeically the ones that are targeted by this program

anyway, whenever you soft reset, this program will eliminate all of the offending notifications that duplicate

it's free, the first time soft reset the phone will take a while to delete the files it wants to delete, so soft reset when you know you won't need the phone for a while

after the first restart, the subsequent restarts are pretty quick since there are fewer if any notifications to delete

Last edited:
new hack...this one is a hardware hack

one of the very first things you are going to wonder about is if you can increase the speaker volume and quality

answer till now was no

now the answer is a yes

you have to take off the mirror in the back, (yes, that's a mirror, designed for self portraits if you can believe it)

once you take that off, use a very sharp razor, or one of those electric ditty things known as a dremel to carve out the plastic that guards the speaker

sand that down with the same dremel and the sanding bit you probably also have included with your dremel thingy

when done, you can use the ear bud of a head set to use as grill and you can even use the foam to further protect the speaker from damage

pretty crude but works nicely

Last edited:
new "tweak"...not new, just new to me

I've been wasting some ac outlets when hooking my 6700 to the laptop, I just found out the usb charges the phone without plugging in (silly me)

Re: ppc 6700 tips and tweaks

perris said:
attached on this post in the zip is a registry editor for a pocket pc
regedit is now in your list of programs when you it the link from your start menue

I registered to grab this file, but the forum won't let me . . . any ideas?

Peace
policy

That hardware tweak you talked about its great, but I don't want to take the chance of damaging my phone. Is there replacable cases? or even different cases to buy that already have this taken care of?

EDIT : OH and I think this phone needs our own forum like the Razor :D

Last edited:
Ryein said:
That hardware tweak you talked about its great, but I don't want to take the chance of damaging my phone. Is there replacable cases? or even different cases to buy that already have this taken care of?

EDIT : OH and I think this phone needs our own forum like the Razor :D
the razr is the most popular phone in history, this phone has only a few techys that know what to do with it, face it, it's not as kewl looking as the razor

it's just the best phone on the market, not the best looking phone on the market

The HTC series (Sprint 6700, Verizon VX6700, Cingular 8125, T-Mobile MDA) is the most functional phone on the market. I love my 8125 and the voice command software is a must. A 2GB miniSD card is a must, too.

whatch pay for that 2 gig card?

I have the one gig, payed 70 bucks. best buy didn't have the 2 gig

$65.00 for the 2GB card. Manufactured by SanDisk and includes the adapter.

had to log in to tell everyone about this since I just downloaded the new version of wififofum

this is one excellant program you put up the radar view and this tells you which wifi has the best signal.

the wifi on this phone is EXTREMELY sensitive, and this phone becomes a wardriving terror with this program

however, for the latest version of wififofum, you need the new .net framework

get that from this page at micosoft

install the comapct 2 framework, install wififofum, set wififofum to "radar" in view.

if you want, you can install a gps on the phone and then wififofum will actually log hotspots for you

I don't need that, I just need to know which signal to tie into when there is a hotspot

anyway, wififofum is a must have when you have this phone

ok, I just dupdated the netframework, which you have to do manually, this is a surprise to me, the network should update these things automatically

hey guys, if you havn't installed magic button then do it

if you have installed it, uninstall and reinstall the latest version

the latest version puts a soft reset in the user interface and you don't have to use the hole at the bottom of the phone

to soft reset after you istalle the program just tap the little house icon hit more options and there is a reset button

also you'll see in that menu a "close all apps but current" button

cool

whatch pay for that 2 gig card?

I have the one gig, payed 70 bucks. best buy didn't have the 2 gig

I purchased a 1 gig mini sd at Frys Electronics fo $29 plus tax!
Such a good deal I purchased another the next day!

The 6700 is the best Pocket Pc Phone ever!

Sent from my Pocket PC 6700Q Phone...
This messege may be short but to the point!

wififofum is not currently being developed any longer and is not on their website, I cannot find a single link online. Can anyone post the cab or exe? Thanks in advance!

I have the file on a hardrive that I have to house before I can access, will

will try to get this for you

Thanks a lot. No one could be more helpful.

I am having a problem running the registry editor, trying to install .NET Compact Framework 1.0 before I ask for further help

Yes, I am still having problems. Sorry if this is not the right place for this post, point me in the right direction if it is not. When I try to run the MobileRegistryEditor.exe after installing both Framework 1.0 SP3 End-User resistributable and Framework 2.0, and reoboting I still get this error:

MobileRegisteryEditor:

TypeLoadException
could not load type System.Windows.Forms.Application from assembly system System.Windows.Forms, Version=1.0.5000.0, Culture=neutral, PublickeyToken=....

All files are placed in /Windows and I've tried My Documents folder as well, both have the same result.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back