56k Problem HELP!

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by _DM_, Jul 6, 2002.

1. _DM_

_DM_ OSNN Senior Addict

OIk i'm playing whenever I play games online it works fine on 56k, but when its past 30 minutes or an hour my modem kinda stops and theres hella lag then i get disconected from the game, and that really piss's me off! What cause's this problem and how do i fix it?

2. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

it disconnects ? is that what you mean when it stops?

you can prevent your modem from ever disconnecting from the net... there should be features when you go to control panel/device manager and go to modem properties and you should be able to specify if it disconnects after sometime...

like 2 years ago.. when I was still using my dialup.. I used to get disconnected all the time till I changed some settings round... can almost swear it was the disconnect thingy... :)

but then you say it stops ??? try playing around with your modem properties... should be able to do something to aleviate your troubles...

3. _DM_

_DM_ OSNN Senior Addict

nono it dont disconect it slows down after 30 minutes or an hour then i lag hella!

4. New Disease

New Disease Whatever...

check ur isp most throw you off every 2 hours...

5. _DM_

_DM_ OSNN Senior Addict

How do i change or get a new isp? I'm using AOL

6. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

_DM_, if you are using Windows XP and AOL, go to AOL.com and download the latest version of AOL. This will fix your problem. Anyway, to get a new ISP, simply cancel AOL and find another provider.