52.16 NVidia Forceware Drivers

My dual monitors worked fine right after install, just as i had left them. Which is actually the first time that ever happened, since all the previous releases had changed the primary monitor and reversed my entire setup. The 52.16s didn't, so thats a plus in itself.

JJB

it's all about reforce

reforce is the best refresh fix tool. it works on anything, and stays activated even when you install new drivers. and best yet it doesnt run all the time it just edits ur registry

I've been using the official 52.16's since they were released. I think they're great. I have improved performance and quality in everything I play, and I am using a GF4 ti4600.

Originally posted by JJB6486
My dual monitors worked fine right after install, just as i had left them. Which is actually the first time that ever happened, since all the previous releases had changed the primary monitor and reversed my entire setup. The 52.16s didn't, so thats a plus in itself.

JJB

you used nview v/s the xp dual monitor thinger right ?

or do you use a 3rd party app like ultramon ?

well all I know is windows update drivers still shows I need them from july download, blah to that, these ones are the biz.

I will never use M$ dodgy drivers again.

Windowsupdate should be called Windows Downgrades. Drivers are always lagging there :D

Grr...this crash was a result of MOHAA, too, and this was my first hard lockup in over six months.

I noticed Nvidia has the 45.33 driver on their driver archives. Back I go!

I cant remember seeing so many problems and complaints for s single set of drivers , 52.16 is a joke :confused:

You should take a look at the Futuremark forums. Every driver released gets flamed even worse than in this forum. :D

I didn't have any problems at all for the longest time. I was wondering what all these people were whining about--until I wanted to play MOHAA.

Yep, same problem!

Originally posted by Kermit
I agree they dont work very well for me either, I am getting hard lock up's in RTCW if I enter a game with punkbuster enabled, plus hidden and dangerous all the fonts in the options boxes is gone, and very grainy looking Clive Barker's Undying , and alot of people are saying its causeing over heating on their cards, so I am gonna wait for next set :confused:

Something funky goin on with those new drivers! OOPS, my vid card is a MSIgf4ti4400. I had same problem with the gf3ti200. I also know of at least 3 of my friends with same problem. Quake3 locks up on me. I went with the microsoft ones myself. All works fine when i go back to them.

Solution = suffer with the older drivers or get an FX. Best Nvidia marketing strategy yet :D

Originally posted by coathanger007
Solution = suffer with the older drivers or get an FX. Best Nvidia marketing strategy yet :D

That's how Nvidia looks at it anyway...

The average consumer might just pick the third option ;)

HandyBuddy, i'm guessing that the 3rd option would be "*flips off NVidia* goes and buys an ATI."? I personally like NVidia.

Originally posted by coathanger007
Must be a personal thing :) I used to love Voodoo.

Same here I was a VooDoo user for a good number of years , and my 15 year old loved his VooDoo took be almost 2 years to get him to change had to throw in an 8X AGP Nforce2 mobo with dual 400Mhz DDR to get that card of him LOLOL :)

Originally posted by Kermit
I cant remember seeing so many problems and complaints for s single set of drivers , 52.16 is a joke :confused:
I agree completely. I finally installed them today and the graphics for BF1942 were choppy. The background would also flicker or disappear for a few seconds. By that time I would crash into a mountain side. :eek: The README also states that my video card is compatible with these drivers. Such crap. :mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back