52.16 Drivers weirdness

Eck

.user
It's really hard to explain, but the new drivers are kinda weird in one way that I noticed right off hand. Like all of the text on the screen is different. Like it's not "bold enough" or something. It's changed, and I can tell it. Mainly say in display properties. The words on the tabs are just... "too sharp" if that's a way to describe it.

If I go to display properties, settings, advanced it's like that. Then, if I click the GeForce FX5900, all the text changes to how it should be for a SPLIT SECOND and then changes back to how it is now.

Anyone else getting anything like this? Any solutions?

Ah, it's like this:

If you go into display properties, settings, advanced, card-name, color correction and mess with the "Image Sharpening" at the bottom. Mine's all the way to the left, but it's like it needs to be moved farther left. :-/

theres susposed to be a disclaimer in these drivers, Nvidia fooked up big time, most gf4TI cards cannot create a true game texture. i lasted 3 mins in BF1942 b4 i went to www.guru3d.com 's forums and saw the endless lists of games that wont play. all TI cards :(

For me the drivers stopped me using 1600x1200, when I try it just says its out of focus :(
Used to work fine, but as soon they arrived - *poof* no luck.

I can't handle the text problem. Back to 45.23 for me... Halo can wait to be played another day ;-)

This is frustrating. GF4Ti card owners represent a huge portion of NVidia users. Why would they screw them (knowingly, even!) with this driver release? Bad business move if you ask me.

Fix it, NVidia. Not all gaming enthusiasts own a Geforce FX, and the people you are alienating are the ones who are trying to decide between a 5900 and a Radeon 9800. Which one do you think will they pick now? Hmm...

These drivers are horrid. I can't even guess what nVidia had it mind, but they sure don't seem to have gotten this correct at all.

if Nvidia start this no support for older cards sh1t, there digging there own grave ;) (again)

these drivers work fine for me..

font.PNG

they 3d mark fine for me, try and play battlefield 1942 and the buildings turn green and pink. they list it as an issue 'ONLY' with TI4200 cards, i have a genuine TI4600 and it still does it. go check out the nvidia forum at http://www.guru3d.com the issue list is amazing, its the worst driver release they did since bringing in the TI series last year.

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back